Current use: Retail spaces
In 1851 the post office was in the market-place, and money order business was transacted .. A new post office was fitted up in 1884, after some public complaints about inadequate premises. This post office was in Minster Place, and an adjoining yard and stables were acquired in 1888. These premises were held on lease only, and in 1896, two years before expiry, the existing (freehold) premises in Market Street were purchased. They were first occupied in 1897.