Architect: Ministry of Works (job architect unknown)
British Postal Museum and Archive: POST 91/226 (photograph)
Selected bibliographical references
Bury Free Press 21 Feb 1931, p. 12
Fawkes, Leslie G. New lamps for old Post Office Magazine Feb 1952, p. 36-37
Newmarket Local History Society The Bombing of Newmarket – One Afternoon in February 1941 2011
Opened: 15 Nov 1951
The previous post office (built in 1923 and located at the corner of New Cut) was destroyed by a bomb on 18 Feb 1941.