Architect: John Boston
Selected bibliographical references
Evening Telegraph (Dundee) 23 Aug 1879, p. 2; 20 July 1880, p. 2 (considerable damage caused by lightning strike)
Current use: Public library
The previous location of the post office was premises (designed in 1876 by Robert Matheson) within the 1818 Custom House as reported in the Glasgow Herald 20 May 1876, p. 4. The Wallace Place building has a long association with Greenock's library service, having first being used as a free library in 1902, and following a recent move back to the building on 29 January 2015.