COMBE MARTIN POST OFFICE
Architect: W.H. Gould
Francis Frith Collection: Negative no. 79249
Selected bibliographical references
North Devon Journal 4 Jun 1891, p. 8; 24 Mar 1892, p. 6
Current use: Residential accommodation
From: North Devon Journal 24 March 1892, p. 6
The new building is now completed, and affairs [sic] much larger accomodation [sic], than ever before, for the augmented business of the neighbourhood, for letters, parcels, telegraph, and Savings Banks. The edifice is a notable addition to the structural improvements of the place. It has built from the designs of Mr W. H. Gould, of Ilfracombe ; the style being a modified modern gothic. The facing is of old Luke Sandstone, and the quoins of Marland brick, with stone dressings. Altogether, the proprietor, architect, and the builder, Mr. W. Cutcliffe, may be congratulated on the erection of a spacious and ornamental new Post Office.